Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Fontana Drag Event April 22nd

I thought I would post a link to the event at Fontana the I will be attending next week. This is not an MB or Euro event, it is actually more street rods and muscle cars but all makes and models are welcome, hopefully we can get a few Benz's and Bimmers out there to embarrass a few of the muscle car guys Click here to enlarge This will be the track debut of my new Weistec SC, I hope a few of you SoCal guys can make it out.

The cost is $130 per vehicle both lanes will be open and prepped.

http://www.alternativemotoring.com/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    off topic,but what tire/wheel combo are u gonna run for the 1/4?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    off topic,but what tire/wheel combo are u gonna run for the 1/4?
    I have an entirely new suspension set up, I took a set of stock Black Series shocks, Steve at Weistec had them revalved to be soft so they have lots of compression and very slow rebound. I also purchased a set of slightly taller than stock and softer springs. I'm running MT drag radials 295/45/17 out back and a new set of 155/50/18's on skinny 5 inch wide wheels up front. I also have a set of MT Street ET bias-ply but I think the radials are the way to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump, good for the California guys to get out there.

JRCART's CLK63 BS is going to be packing some serious heat so bring your A game gentlemen.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just spoke with the coordinators of this event, currently there are 35 people paid including myself(they have not updated the list in a few days) There is a minimum of 50 people required for the event and a maximum of 70. We need to get 15 more people registered to ensure the event happens so if any of you can make it out go register and pay.

Looking at my 10 day forecast app on my phone the weather for Fontana that day does not look too bad, sunny, no chance of rain, high around 72 and mid 50's at 9:00am when the event begins.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ I'll get this posted on some other sites as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was just notified that the event was canceled because they only had 35 people and needed a min of 50. I have contacted the track managment and asked them if I could just pay the other 15 cars myself but I have not heard back. If anyone is interested in attending this event please contact sales@alternativemotoring.com and let them know you would be interested in attening if they were able to reopen the event.

I need to get this car down the track!!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I was just notified that the event was canceled because they only had 35 people and needed a min of 50. I have contacted the track managment and asked them if I could just pay the other 15 cars myself but I have not heard back. If anyone is interested in attending this event please contact sales@alternativemotoring.com and let them know you would be interested in attening if they were able to reopen the event.

I need to get this car down the track!!!!!!
    Fontana is local so I can see why that would be your choice but since you have no trouble traveling, what about Sac? Famoso is not open until May unfortunately for test and tunes and there really are no other tracks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is Famoso available for private rental? I will pay the whole thing myself, i only need one lane. Sac is too far, ive gor a tight timeline before I have to head home.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is Famoso available for private rental? I will pay the whole thing myself, i only need one lane. Sac is too far, ive gor a tight timeline before I have to head home.
    I believe so but you are on a tight schedule so that might be tough to arrange.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Update

I heard back from Alan, the organizer for the Alternative Motoring Event, he said that all the money has been refunded so getting the track day back on will be a logistical nightmare however he did tell me that he thinks he can get me a one lane rental at Fontana on the 22nd for around $2500. If that is indeed the case I will pay that money out of pocket in order to get in some passes in. I will keep everyone posted. If I do the one lane rental I will open up the event to a small handful of other cars, maybe 12-15 max. becuase one lane events move at a much slower pace than a two lane event.

Stay tuned for updates
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update

I heard back from Alan, the organizer for the Alternative Motoring Event, he said that all the money has been refunded so getting the track day back on will be a logistical nightmare however he did tell me that he thinks he can get me a one lane rental at Fontana on the 22nd for around $2500. If that is indeed the case I will pay that money out of pocket in order to get in some passes in. I will keep everyone posted. If I do the one lane rental I will open up the event to a small handful of other cars, maybe 12-15 max. becuase one lane events move at a much slower pace than a two lane event.

Stay tuned for updates
    Excellent, glad he got back to you.

If you keep it small you should be able to recoup some cash on a few cars attending. 1 lane does move slower but not all that much especially if the car count is low.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update

Stay tuned for updates
    A couple of points to consider so you don't get surprised at the track. These are things that have come up when I was dealing with a bunch of different tracks in the past although I can't remeber if it pertains to Fontana as well or not:

1) Most tracks will allow only the one paying car to run during the 1-lane rental unless each additional car is charged a separate fee (usually $200 per car).

2) Even if Fontana did allow other cars to run, they may limit you to 10 cars total (depending on the insurance policy they take out).

3) Does the one-lane rental you are getting (usually called a "small private test-n-tune") include full 8 hours or only 4 hours of racing.

4) Fontana is known to enforce all NHRA rules even in private events. You may want to ask them if that will still be the case at your private rental.

5) It maybe more beneficial to you to race at night: maybe 9 pm to 1 am as we did at Famoso. If that is not possible, then try 5 am to 10 am so that you minimize the effects of DA.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    A couple of points to consider so you don't get surprised at the track. These are things that have come up when I was dealing with a bunch of different tracks in the past although I can't remeber if it pertains to Fontana as well or not:

1) Most tracks will allow only the one paying car to run during the 1-lane rental unless each additional car is charged a separate fee (usually $200 per car).o

2) Even if Fontana did allow other cars to run, they may limit you to 10 cars total (depending on the insurance policy they take out).

3) Does the one-lane rental you are getting (usually called a "small private test-n-tune") include full 8 hours or only 4 hours of racing.

4) Fontana is known to enforce all NHRA rules even in private events. You may want to ask them if that will still be the case at your private rental.

5) It maybe more beneficial to you to race at night: maybe 9 pm to 1 am as we did at Famoso. If that is not possible, then try 5 am to 10 am so that you minimize the effects of DA.
    Thanks for pointers Mo. I am ok if they only allow a handfull of cars and I am also ok with only 4 hours, to be honest if I cant get it done in 4 hours something isnt right. Go igure that the guy I need to talk to at Fontana is out of the office today.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for pointers Mo. I am ok if they only allow a handfull of cars and I am also ok with only 4 hours, to be honest if I cant get it done in 4 hours something isnt right. Go igure that the guy I need to talk to at Fontana is out of the office today.
    No problem..... I just figured I'd give you heads up so you don't get surprised at the track Click here to enlarge I've had to deal with that stuff the hard way Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay guys.... so looks like the track event is still on after all, but it will be limited to Jim's car and maybe 10 to 12 other cars at most. If you would like to join, send him a PM.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mo, beat me to it.

I have gona ahead and rented one lane at Fontana this Friday 4/22. Since it is only one lane I am limiting the number of people to about a dozen. I am charging $100 per car at the thrack but please be sure to let me know if you are going to be there so I can add your name to the list, as soon as I get 12 cars the list will be closed. Please do not add your name unless you are 100% certain you can attend, I would hate to see somebody else miss out becuase somebody else was a "maybe"
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay guys.... so looks like the track event is still on after all, but it will be limited to Jim's car and maybe 10 to 12 other cars at most. If you would like to join, send him a PM.
    This is excellent news.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mo, beat me to it.

I have gona ahead and rented one lane at Fontana this Friday 4/22. Since it is only one lane I am limiting the number of people to about a dozen. I am charging $100 per car at the thrack but please be sure to let me know if you are going to be there so I can add your name to the list, as soon as I get 12 cars the list will be closed. Please do not add your name unless you are 100% certain you can attend, I would hate to see somebody else miss out becuase somebody else was a "maybe"
    That is nice of you Jim and an EXREMELY fair price. I want to wish you luck at the strip, just don't expect huge numbers at Fontana.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like they are almost there.... good luck to everyone Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jim's Black Series keeps on shredding belts Click here to enlarge so I think he's done for the day.

Rick ran 11.5s in his CLS.... he'll make a few more passes in a little bit.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@!,thats terrible luck on his anticipated debut..do u know if Steve from Weistec came w Jim as planned?
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry to hear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jim's Black Series keeps on shredding belts Click here to enlarge so I think he's done for the day.
    That sucks.

Hopefully, they get it straightened out for next time.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, yes it was an unfortunate day I broke the plastic stock idler pulley not one time but twice which caused the serpentine belt to shred. I have had problems in the past with breaking the idler pulley so I am not sure if the SC had anything to do with it or not. Both Steve and Mike from Weistec were at the event, they busted their butts for me both before and at the event, a HUGE thanks to both of them. They are awesome and really know their stuff.They are working on billet replacement idler pulleys this week. The good news is that mechanically everything else was very solid and I was putting down consistant 1.5 60 footers which is on par with pre SC numbers with alot less power however now I have the new suspension package so I think with some additional practice I should be able to drop em to 1.4s.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast