Close

Thread: A/T to an SAT?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

A/T to an SAT?

I've been reading at e60.net (I know I know) but they have a topic about switching the auto tranny to the sport auto tranny. I talked with a couple people here locally and the consensus is that it's not possible. But multiple people have said it is possible, you just need 4 parts (possibly a steering wheel with paddle shifters if you don't have the right people to flash your software), and a software flash to the SAT software. Any one know if it's possible? Has anyone done it yet?

http://forums.5series.net/topic/1105...etrofit-redux/

post on the actual retrofit.

As always, thanks guys.
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From reading the thread guy says he did it and lists the parts he used to accomplish it. So, why wouldn't it be possible it has been done?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is the difference between an AT and a Sport AT? I thought it's the same if the Engine is...i.e. ZF trannies iirc?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dunno, the guy at BMW was saying that it's not possible, and I just wanted to make sure here I guess, because I don't trust people from other forums as much as here. I think next pay check, I'm going to have to try this...
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge