Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

We do things a bit differently up here. Like make power through extensive testing minus the vendor drama. Check out 2011 m3 dct brentuning on youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow. I think I just found my first upgrade.

If you go with the x-pipe + the high flow cats, and do NOT touch the ECU (meaning stock logic) - will it trip the SEL or cause issues with warranty? I am assuming not, but just wondering...

This is amazing - I am really really interested... Those are awesome results for nothing but exhaust - amazing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    +1, always thought on the S65 you could net 50-60whp with a good choice in aftermarket mods and a good tune
    It really isn't happening. I know people would like to think 50-60 whp is possible, it isn't.

I know Bren has his Delta's, but I simply disagree with him on this point.

I got my car up to the 380 range with basically everything out there on a motor that started at a very healthy 349. 30 whp? Sure, 50-60? Nope, not happening.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Wow. I think I just found my first upgrade.

If you go with the x-pipe + the high flow cats, and do NOT touch the ECU (meaning stock logic) - will it trip the SEL or cause issues with warranty? I am assuming not, but just wondering...

This is amazing - I am really really interested... Those are awesome results for nothing but exhaust - amazing!
    If you get high flow cats you will not get a CEL.

If you want this setup, go ahead and PM Raz@Gintani here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/member.php?1396-Raz-Gintani

Tell them Sticky sent you, they will take good care of you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If you get high flow cats you will not get a CEL.

If you want this setup, go ahead and PM Raz@Gintani here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/member.php?1396-Raz-Gintani

Tell them Sticky sent you, they will take good care of you.
    Thanks - appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

It really isn't happening. I know people would like to think 50-60 whp is possible, it isn't.

I know Bren has his Delta's, but I simply disagree with him on this point.

I got my car up to the 380 range with basically everything out there on a motor that started at a very healthy 349. 30 whp? Sure, 50-60? Nope, not happening.
    I think that's a poor conclusion to draw. I tested up and down from stock - and listed it. 340whp stock. 354whp with scoops and filter. Tuning logic and table allocation has gone alot further since you were done in 2009. It took a while before my car crested 400. I must have over 20 400+whp passes after it was dialed in - I also have over 20 stock passes. It's not a freak occurrence. I'd love to see someone who has done more on the dyno other then PG then me.

I've done it / 3 customers independently have done / egschear did it / Vic55 did it / Jonmartin did it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Bren are you a 6 speed or DCT? any 60-130 runs?

whats interesting is drew ran a 10.73 from 60-130 before he ever had a blower, with FBO and GIAC tune, then when he had his new motor in matched and might have beaten his old 60-130< i think 10.71 with FBO and no tune at all.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Bren are you a 6 speed or DCT? any 60-130 runs?

whats interesting is drew ran a 10.73 from 60-130 before he ever had a blower, with FBO and GIAC tune, then when he had his new motor in matched and might have beaten his old 60-130< i think 10.71 with FBO and no tune at all.
    I'm DCT. We have far better fuel out here then you guys so we can tune more aggressively.

60-130 is a west coast thing. 130 out here will get you arrested or kill a pack of deer or lose a wheel in a pothole lol. If someone wants to let me borrow a vbox ill gladly do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I think that's a poor conclusion to draw. I tested up and down from stock - and listed it. 340whp stock. 354whp with scoops and filter. Tuning logic and table allocation has gone alot further since you were done in 2009. It took a while before my car crested 400. I must have over 20 400+whp passes after it was dialed in - I also have over 20 stock passes. It's not a freak occurrence. I'd love to see someone who has done more on the dyno other then PG then me.

I've done it / 3 customers independently have done / egschear did it / Vic55 did it / Jonmartin did it.
    Jonmartin went from 310 to 380 on the DD, come on. That clearly was an issue of different correction factors.

It isn't a poor conclusion at all, basically all dynojet numbers show cars under 400 whp. Who has a dynojet number over 400 whp that isn't a stroker?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Basically all dynojet numbers show cars under 400 whp. Who has a dynojet number over 400 whp that isn't a stroker?
    I dont think there are any and I'd bet there wont be any M3's breaking 400whp on a Dynojet. And just look at my car vs drew's car N/A. Although you guys didnt tune his car... a 400whp car should beat me or at least be tied as my car dynos near 420whp on a DJ

I'm DCT. We have far better fuel out here then you guys so we can tune more aggressively.

60-130 is a west coast thing. 130 out here will get you arrested or kill a pack of deer or lose a wheel in a pothole lol. If someone wants to let me borrow a vbox ill gladly do it.
    I know you guys have 93 octane which helps but still being N/A it cant be that much, maybe 5-10whp max. There are plenty of guys that run 60-130 runs on the east coast. You should definitely run some, that actually shows how the power is getting to the ground, not just dyno #s ...which Ive learned not to put any stock into.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Does OETuning price include a retune with a new file (with me paying dyno fees obviously)? Meaning I put down around 380whp on a dynojet with my OETune....would it be possible to head over to you and see what I put down on your dyno and upload a new file if you think there is more potential in it (the tail sniffer at the dyno I went to was broken and we were stuck logging AFR's with the BT Cable (JJ said we could always do something in the future because we got screwed with this)? I mean there is a HUGE difference between 410whp and my 380whp (around 37x when SAE corrected) between this dyno and my dyno, and I'm catless with every mod under the sun and this dyno is done with HFC's. I would be more than happy to head over for a new file to squeeze more power, just wondering how it would work money wise, thanks. In your professional opinion, do you think that its the dyno/conditions/etc..., or a majority of the 30whp is coming from the tune...thanks again man
    Last edited by ERM324; 06-08-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Find me 60 to 130 people in boston. I assume youve never visited lol.

J. Jonmartin has plenty runs on a DP. Not the DD dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

So you are going to say my large sample of data delta is broken.....larger then anyone has ever done on one single car and on the most consistent reading dyno between breakdowns ? Seems silly if you ask me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

So you are going to say my large sample of data delta is broken.....larger then anyone has ever done on one single car and on the most consistent reading dyno between breakdowns ? Seems silly if you ask me.
    No, I don't think anything is wrong with your data.

I'm just saying nobody is going over 400 whp on a dynojet and some of these gains are exagerrated.

Cars really can at best with all the best NA parts hope to get 40 whp and into the 380's. That is my opinion but also based on experience. I don't tune but do follow things closely. I think this is just an issue of you using your dyno and also being aggressive with your own car on higher octane fuel.

The S65 responds well but does not go over 100 whp per liter and neither does the S85 on which it is based.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

You can get more than 40WHP..... on a dyno.

Real thorough testing will show that around 40 is about the maximum 'SAFE' level.

You can push harder with a tune by forcing ignition timing but it's not such a good idea. Unless of course you want to risk detonation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    You can get more than 40WHP..... on a dyno.

Real thorough testing will show that around 40 is about the maximum 'SAFE' level.

You can push harder with a tune by forcing ignition timing but it's not such a good idea. Unless of course you want to risk detonation.
    I would be inclined to agree with this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Jonmartin went from 310 to 380 on the DD, come on. That clearly was an issue of different correction factors.

It isn't a poor conclusion at all, basically all dynojet numbers show cars under 400 whp. Who has a dynojet number over 400 whp that isn't a stroker?
    Check out your friends Dyno Database, I'm within 1hp of his stroker/header car same dyno same setting. Sheets have been verified Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Check out your friends Dyno Database, I'm within 1hp of his stroker/header car same dyno same setting. Sheets have been verified Click here to enlarge
    Don't like that guy OR his dyno database.

I'll have my own up soon hopefully, dynonumbers.com Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Don't like that guy OR his dyno database.

I'll have my own up soon hopefully, dynonumbers.com Click here to enlarge
    Just replying to your old question, I don't have rd headers or stroker or gruppe m intake Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Just replying to your old question, I don't have rd headers or stroker or gruppe m intake Click here to enlarge
    Let's be honest though, the RD tune was absolute crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12