Not much of a suprise. Without a blower an M3 just isn't an impressive car.
The Dinan stroker needs an aggressive tune. And a set of Schrick cams.
Although, this is a direct example of how shitty bmw delivered the S65. its a V8 and waaaay underpowered in N/A form.. funny how that seems to escape some people..
DAYUM!! look at that Award Winning, Flat TQ Delivering, High Output, High State of Tune, Less Expensive S65 motor crush that...... oh , shit.. nevermind..
'Murica bitches!!! $40k in mods&M3 still cant hang with a old ass vette with a $300 cam
I would have just opened up a bottle and wacked the M3 with a 150 shot...would have made for a better race. Stroker kit = $$$$? ...a nitrous setup would have kept his wallet a little heavier and the car a good bit faster
I waas curious what the responses would be... Dinan is a great and long standing name in tuning for BMW's, hell my E30 M3 had a few Dinan bits at one point. But after I say the video and did some research on the cost and power I was amazed. The cost of the motor is like a 1/3 of the car, Dinan or not thats a shit load of cash. I thought it would be faster and then I found the article Sticky did on the Dinan vs RD Sport article and a magazine test from years ago and the numbers dont add up.
The S65 needs a blower for sure to really shine... I would love to see the 4.6 stroker with the right compression and A&A kit on top that sounds awesome but not sure its been done successfully. Funny thing is Ford has been making modular motors with 4.6L & 32V's since the early 90's. Somehow I expected this 4.6 stroker to be insanely faster than a stock M3. I am searching for more vids as it interests me now.
How is Dinan a great name for BMW? At this point, my exposure to them has been in the N54 and S65 fields; and they definitely aren't evoking a 'great name'. More like overpriced and overhyped. It's kind of like HKS or Greddy on the Japanese cars. At one point in time they made good stuff and were the only ones making parts; but now they're just living off their name and delivering overpriced junk that rusts easily.
As I stated I expected more performance from that stroker motored car for the money it cost. Its a unique motor for those who want an all motor car but the performance lacks to me.
Thats a pretty hefty whooping of ass.
FWIW, Greddy and HKS also cater to high-end customers (with complete special edition cars), but they can do that because of their brand-name; not because they are more skilled than the small shop down the corner
The vette driver is shifting slow as fuck too. What's a mild cam i/e C5z put out 420-430rwhp? I would think the m3 would be around the same hp? At the end of it...this race is about area under the curve and weight advantage for the c5z.
The Dinan Stroker M3 has been up for sale on M3Post since September, it's been reduced to $60k OBO
Here's the modlist
Original Factory Options Include:
-Rear Park Assist
-Enhanced Premium Sound
- Dinan 4.6L Stroker with the Under drive Pullies - Clamed 527 HP
- Grouppe M Carbon Fiber Intake
- Custom Painted Hartge Engine Cover
- Active Autowerke Catless X-Pipe
- Active Autowerke Rear Mufflers
DCT Tranny/ Differential:
- DCT Flash (No lag in-between shifts)
- Dinan 3.62 Limited Slip Differential
- Front - Hartge 20x9 Conti Sport 3 Tires have 75%left
- Rear - Hartge 20x10 Conti Sport 3 Tires have 75%left
- Front – Brembo 380mm 6 Piston Painted Silver with Black Hartge Logo
- Rear – Brembo 380mm 4 Piston Painted Silver with Black Hartge Logo
- RD Sport Springs
- RD Sport Front Sway Bar
- OEM Front Bumper with Hartge Molded Front Lip and The Carbon Fiber Tabs
- OEM Rear Bumper with Hartge Molded Diffuser
- Hartge Side Sills
- Hartge Carbon Roof Spoiler. (The Paint is Blended to Expose Naked Carbon Fiber in Middle to Match the Roof)
- Vorstiener E92 Double sided Carbon Truck (Also has the Paint Blended to expose the Naked Carbon Fiber)
- Hartge Front and Rear Emblems
- Hartge Ghost Graphic on doors that matches the Interlagos Blue
- Flat Black Front Grills
- Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills
- Top half of mirror is Carbon Fiber low half is Interlagos Blue
- Carbon Fiber Hood Vents
- BMW Performance Seats
- BMW Performance V1 Steering wheel (Custom Flat Bottom With Shift lights, G meter, Ect….)
- Hartge Sliver Carbon Fiber interior
- Hartge E-brake Lever and I-Drive wheel
- Hartge Pedal Set
- Custom Suede Matched rear BMW Performance seats (BMW Perf. Logo is in the headrests and has the seats have the same ribbing as the front seats)
- Custom Suede Matched Door Panels Front and Rear.
- Macht Schnell gauge panel in place of Ash Tray
- Macht Schnell Passenger Occupancy Sensor (Doesn’t seem to be working, Airbag light comes on from time to time)
Beautiful car... I like it, question in my head is why it says Hartge if its a Dinan setup
M3 needs a bigger motor.